5 Best De-Shedding Dog Brushes.
Today we are talking about our 5 favorite dog de-shedding products! The summer brings out a lot of fur in our household, and these products can be a lifesaver for both you and your furry pets! Let’s start the countdown…
The Oster ShedMonster ranks at #5 on our list, but is a sure contender for higher rankings in medium to long haired dogs.
- Stainless steel curved teeth that gets deep into the coat(it doesn’t scrape the skin, it pulls the hair)
- De-Sheds, De-Mats & De Tangles
- Under $20, usually under $15 on Amazon.com
Best for: Medium to long coats & thick coats
- Retails under $10
- 4/5 Rating on Amazon
- Removes excess hair, debris, mat’s & tangles
- Anti-microbial plastic helps keep germs and bacteria at a minimum
Best for: Short to medium coats
If you were looking for best dog deshedding tools option, then you probably have run into DakPets Deshedding from DakPets. While not as effective as FURminator, it’s still one of the best dog deshedding tools online.
- Frequent promotions on Amazon.com (right now it is 33% off at $15.99 instead of $49.99)
- Lifetime replacement if it ever breaks( manufacturers claim that it NEVER will)
- Removes 80%-100% of all loose hari
- Perfect for any dog of any size, or hair length
Best for: All breeds
The FURminator is a top threat in the dog shedding tool industry. It consistently holds it rank as a top de-shedding tool, although it runs at a much higher price than our #1 option.( KONG ZoomGroom ) It reduces shedding by 90% and it has an easy eject button to remove the hair from the tool.
- Stainless steel edges reach deep down into dog’s coat
- Should NOT be used daily as it can irritate skin/cause cuts
- Priced higher than other options
- Multiple sizes depending on dog weight and hair length
Best for: All dog coats(be sure to choose the correct size based on weight/coat)
#1- KONG ZoomGroom
The KONG ZoomGroom is our favorite dog grooming tool for many reasons. The soft rubber brush is ideal for everyday brushing, and can even be used to massage shampoo into your dogs fur at bath time!
- Entirely made of rubber and really does the job of getting the most hair out with no risk of hurting your dog
- The LEAST expensive as it usually retails under $5 on Amazon!!!
- Fun, bright colors and super easy to use
Best for: Short coated dogs
To check out more pet supplies for your furry best friend head here: